Hilborns Military History
Hilborn sits on an historical military site and in recognition of Armed Forces Day we thought we'd share some of our favourite military facts.
Whether you are looking to upsize, downsize or move out of the capital, there is a home for all at Hilborn. Marking the latest addition to the thriving new garden village of Arborfield Green – a place with a fascinating history - Hilborn is nestled in the beautiful Berkshire countryside. Here, we round-up our ten favourite facts about this exceptional new neighbourhood.
Welcome to Hilborn: Millgate is the latest developer to unveil homes at this historic military site, which in total will deliver 2,000 new homes as well as shops, schools and country parks.
- A strong sense of arrival: Welcomed with a charming new streetscape, traditionally inspired architecture has been designed in keeping with the historic setting, with attractive brick detailing, bay windows and porches with wooden columns.
- A unique history: The Arborfield Green site was originally established in 1904 as a Remount Depot during the First World War, predominantly used as a Horse Infirmary, treating injured horses throughout the war. Over 100,000 horses are said to have passed through the Depot, which remained open throughout the Second World War as well.
- Honouring its military past: Several historic buildings on the site will be retained and reinvented for new purposes, including the historic infirmary stables, which will form the heart of the new community, and the Moat House, set to be converted into new office space.
- Something to suit all lifestyles: Combining the best of town and country living, those looking for an outdoor lifestyle have 93 acres of green open space to enjoy, yet London is easily accessible within the hour.
- A prime setting: Having recently undergone extensive regeneration, the medieval market town of Wokingham is just four miles from Hilborn, and the popular town of Reading is just seven miles away.
- Educational offering: There are a number of well-respected schools within the local area. Bohunt School is a secondary school in the village and for younger learners there is Hazebrouck Day Nursery & Pre-School or Poperinghe Pre-School. A primary school is also planned within a future development at Arborfield Green.
- Impressive design credentials: Interior design studio, Alexander James Interiors has created a beautiful three-bedroom show home showcasing the unrivalled luxury lifestyle on offer at Hilborn.
- A new collection of homes: Millgate’s newest offering of homes at Arborfield Green, Victoria Gardens, is set to launch soon and will offer a range of one, two and three-bedroom apartments and two, three and four-bedroom houses – all are expected to be in high demand!
- Excellent incentives: To help get you moving, selected plots at Hilborn are available to purchase with Help to Buy and Assisted Move – make sure you don’t miss out.
With a range of house styles available, all of which enjoy Millgate high level of craftsmanship and style throughout, we are sure you will find your dream home here. Find out more today at our website https://www.millgatehomes.co.uk/new-homes/berkshire/hilborn or call 0118 430 5863