Spook-tacular Halloween Competition
This year's competition is now closed and we will reveal the winner shortly
Most of us probably think that carving pumpkin lanterns is a fairly new idea, and an American one at that. Not true! The tradition is a really ancient one, dating back to pagan Celtic times, when householders would make lanterns out of turnips, with glowing coal inside, to scare away evil spirits.
Today we’re not really worried about spirits (well, maybe just a bit at Halloween!) but pumpkin lanterns glowing in our windows are now all part of celebrating October 31st.
At Millgate we’re adding to the Halloween fun this year with our Pumpkin Carving Competition, and it’s something everyone in the family can get involved with. Send us your photos and the best pumpkin lantern will win a Nintendo Switch!
What will your pumpkin look like? Scary, friendly, human or ghostly? Words, pictures, emojis? Maybe you could create a whole pumpkin family, or pumpkin pets. It’s time to get creative and see what you can make from one of those huge orange spheres.
See more details about entering the competition and the terms and conditions below.
And to get into the Halloween mood, take a look at how we’ve joined forces with Alexander James Interiors to create a wonderfully spooky interior at Parklands Manor, a first for us and for them.
How to enter
Submit a photo of your pumpkin carving to be in with a chance of winning a Nintendo Switch!*
Entrees need to be submitted by 23:59 on 1st November 2020. The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the competition close date.
We look forward to seeing your ghoulish creations!
Terms and Conditions
The organisers reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions without notice. Competition entry
- By entering the Competition, you agree to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and to comply fully with them.
- Competitions are open to all residents of England.
- If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission to enter the Competition from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
- The Organisers are not responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant's email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet Service Provider.
- All photographs must be entered via email to email@example.com
- If your photograph features any person or people, they should be aware that they are being photographed and permission should be obtained from all involved (or their parent's/guardian's permission if under 16) for their photograph to be submitted in the competition.
- Competition closing date for entries must reach Millgate by 23:59 on 1st November 2020.
- Prize is subject to availability.
- Prize to be given within 2 weeks of the competition closing date.
- The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Millgate will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
Copyright and reproduction
- You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for all images entered. You will retain the copyright of your entries at all times and always be credited alongside your picture.
- See usage rights listed below.
- By entering your images into the competition, you grant permission to Millgate and any affiliated agencies working on behalf of Millgate, exclusive license to reproduce the images for the following purposes.
- Printing of winning to be announced on any online media. We ask that the press credit photographers where the images are used but cannot be held responsible for errors and omissions.
- Inclusion of winning and highly commended photographs on the Millgate website and Millgate.
- Millgate-related social media accounts. Photographers will be credited alongside their work.
Please refer to our Legal, Privacy, Cookie Statement & Social Media terms and conditions
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Millgate excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the Competition and use of any prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude Millgate’s liability for death or personal injury arising from Millgate’s own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
- You agree to indemnify Millgate and keep Millgate indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by Millgate as a result of your entry in the Competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
- You agree that if you are the winner, you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity.
- Millgate reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time through the Millgate website without giving notice.
If you would like to remove your entry from the competition then you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.